Flourless Banana Oat Muffins
Posted by Kara R on 7 April 2020
Lockdown has got us all dusting off our baking tins and getting busy in the kitchen. The inner food lover in me is as happy as a clam, my jeans are tsking me. For now though, I’m not going to worry about those judgey looks my jeans are throwing me from the depths of my closet, because I'm really enjoying the simple pleasure of having time to rediscover old favourite recipes as well as experiment with new ones. And, oh my goodness, how wholesome does homemade taste?!
With no flour in the house and necessity being the mother of invention, I combined a few different recipes based on what I had in the pantry and came up with these flourless Banana Oat Muffins. They are so darn delicious that I wanted to share the recipe with you all.
These little nuggets of deliciousness are flourless, dairy free and gluten free with no added sugar. They are a real winner in my books because they’re reasonably guilt-free so my jeans should quieten on the tsking a little.
They are also super simple to make so it’s a great lockdown activity to do with the kids.
Banana OAT Muffins
- 300g rolled oats
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 300ml coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate (can add more if you like and use dark chocolate for dairy free)
- 1/3 cup raspberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen but thaw and drain well if using frozen)
- Preheat over to 180 degrees
- Mix all the dry in ingredients together
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the eggs and coconut milk together, then combine with the dry ingredients.
- Put spoonfuls of mixture into greased muffin pans and bake for 25 minutes.
Leave to cool for a little bit then enjoy.